Tuesday, September 11, 2007


It is September 11th, 2007. Six years. Rather selfishly, I just see it as a marker now, counting the months since Thomas died: 34. I visited the cemetery yesterday and noticed that the crab grass is thriving--we've had a hot, dry summer--and saw a fawn running along the fence. I don't think Thomas really cared about crab grass and he would have loved the deer so I'm not worried about it. I took a picture of his marker with my cell phone camera: it came out clearer than I would have thought likely.

1 Comments:

At September 19, 2007 at 4:39:00 PM PDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lee Ann,
There is something comforting about deer! You may remember that I saw a doe and two fawn while visiting Chase's grave. Glad to know they make the rounds :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home