Monday, January 01, 2007

It's been odd watching the various ceremonies surrounding President Ford's death for the last few days, seeing his coffin draped in a flag loaded on to an Air Force jet to be brought to Andrews AFB and thinking that Thomas took a similar journey without the pomp and without the family in attendance as he was sent to Dover. And yet, I think that Thomas and his fellow casualties of that terrible week were treated with the same respect and reverence as this former president. It was quieter and less public but the honor was the same.

Though I think this will show up as being posted on the 1st, this is now the 3rd. I saw the last of the funeral ceremonies before interment, with flag folding and Taps and I cried, though not, I am afraid, for President Ford.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home