Wednesday, March 07, 2007

I have the radio on to our local NPR station, yes, the one I was listening to the day Thomas was killed. Terry Gross is interviewing a doctor who was in the battlefield at Fallujah, saving lives there. Thomas's death occurred that week in Mosul but it would not have mattered if this man had been standing next to him when it happened--having a shot come through your helmet is likely to be fatal no matter what. But listening to this doctor, who has just described a death that he learned how to prevent a few minutes later, I am going cold. I feel as if I'm hyperventilating a bit. I wonder if the people who do these programs can (or should) understand that there may be people listening who have been directly affected by these events.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home