Thursday, December 04, 2008

I had one of those ambush moments this morning when I opened an e-mail from the Kodak Easyshare Gallery. Kodak is doing a lot of online promotions this month, and I thought this was one of them, not having read the subject line carefully. Instead, it was their picture of the month, and the month was November. A photograph of a soldier in uniform, tidying the grave of a veteran of World War II, the marker much like Thomas's, on Veteran's Day. The picture is here: http://www.kodak.com/US/en/corp/kodakmoment/Veterans2008.jhtml Silly of me--I simply wept.

People worry about saying something that will make me cry. Really, you don't know what will do it. I never know when I will open an e-mail or letter or turn a page in a magazine or someone will use a phrase that will set off the tears. There is no point in worrying about it or feeling guilty if you are the unwitting agent who gets me crying for no apparent reason--it will happen and you were just the lucky one that day.

2 Comments:

At December 5, 2008 at 10:42:00 AM PST , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean Lee Ann. I can be on the treadmill at the gym and I flip the channel to Kenny Chesney's video singing "Don't Blink" and get caught by someone saying hello to me with my eyes full of tears. Not sure I want to explain to them. Or seeing wounded Veterans on Good Morning America being honored in their studios. The brave smiles through faces changed by injuries. They stay with me all day. Our hearts have been changed, tenderized and open to so much more. take care.

 
At December 21, 2008 at 5:53:00 AM PST , Blogger Rosa Alba Macdonald said...

well I warn you that something might make you cry;

see I do read this blog now and then.

you missed out on the mulled wine last night.. i have 1.5 litres left.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home