Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Because life is never straightforward, I have neglected this for a month. I've been housing my mother-in-law while she recovers from broken ribs and driving other people to various doctor appointments. I've been doing PTA business which reminds me of an odd intersection with our status as a Gold Star family. Apparently, the Westboro Baptist Church (Fred Phelps group) has decided to grace Montgomery County with its presence in April, picketing a local high school named for Walt Whitman. I believe the consensus is that we, as a PTA certainly, will ignore them. They are also planning to visit Arlington National Cemetery which I find appalling. I can't bring myself to read their website (I had a glimpse) so I'm going on the reading of others. These people are beyond crazy but I guess we can be grateful to them for the formation of the Patriot Guard. The Patriot Guard folks I've met have all been wonderful. If I ever find the patch they gave us, I'll scan it and post it here.

OK, I've written a little. Tomorrow I will try to write a little more, going back to my main theme of remembering.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home