Friday, April 01, 2011

I'm beginning to think that there is another low point in grief sometime after the sixth year. The six-week low seems pretty well documented and understood but people seem to stop talking about grief some time after the first year or so. But I gotta tell you, the last few months have been kind of rough. It's odd to me that I've had those moments of bursting into tears when alone--they had pretty much faded away a couple of years ago, but they seem to be reviving. It is true that I am also dealing with my mother-in-law's illnesses and hospitalizations and it does seem clear that she is nearing the end of her life but things about Thomas come up too. A couple of Deuce Four guys have friended me on Facebook recently. Another has died this week, not someone I'd met. It just seems like there's more than enough sorrow to go around recently.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At April 3, 2011 at 2:14:00 PM PDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Lee Ann. I am sorry to hear you are having a rough time.

I think it would be odd, though, if there *weren't* additional low points for you to go through after the first year. Right? Why wouldn't there be?

And there were three separate accounts in our homily today about families losing sons. (In other words, yes, there is sorrow aplenty)

Finally, I don't think your clothing confessions were stupid in the least.

R.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home